There is no second opinion that education plays a crucial role in shaping someone’s personality. As per the survey reading, India has only 34 million people which forms small strata of the entire population.
Major Hiccups in the education system
- Deprivation of Money and Work Needs: A major need for the withdrawal of children from school is the cost and work needs of poor households. Along with income, caste is an important factor too. Lower castes having lower incomes and higher castes having better endowments in terms of land, income and other resources.
- Enrollment in Municipal Schools: The poor children are enrolled in the municipal school because it has lower expenditure on books, uniforms, fees etc. The well-off children go to the private school, where English and Computers are given more importance.
- Parental illiteracy: Parental illiteracy is an important factor for lack of interest to become literates. Many rural children enrolled are thus single handedly grappling with school life, mastering cognitive skills without parental help and guidance.
- Poverty amongst Muslims: Muslims happen to be one of the most economically backward groups, and the actual reason for their preferences for madrasas(Islamic schools) because they provide the most resources to them.
- Right to Education(RTE): India has the second largest education system after China, India viewed education as the best way of bringing social change among the masses. Soon after gaining independence in 1947, making education available to all had become a priority for the government and the government launched various schemes to uplift the level of education in the country, both in rural as well as urban sectors. The government came up with the Right to Education Act(RTE) to impart free and compulsory and many other schemes.
- Need for serious reforms: The need of the hour is to improve the basic and the most important facilities immediately. In most of the government schools, the accountability among the teaching staff and administrative staff is lacking. Teachers are not regular in their job is lacking. Teachers are not regular in their job, also when they come they are not in a mood to perform their job with sincerity.
- Motivating and guiding children: Teachers should motivate and guide the children and help them with counseling from the principal of schools. The much publicized mid-day meal to reduce dropout of funds meant for the scheme, mismanagement, lack of seriousness among the authorities. According to some reports, the quality of food served is inferior. There should be proper awareness created by the government about their schemes and programs. All the beneficiaries must have proper knowledge of their rights. Hence, er need to create awareness as well as motivation among the people for a brighter future of our country.
I like to end by saying “ We can change the world if we change ourselves. We need to figure out a way to step out of our comfort zones and take a risk. This can be done if we choose the right path to destiny.”